Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Just When You Think You're on a Roll

So all that talk in my previous posts about how I've felt so great throughout my pregnancy... yea that's coming to an end.

First may I present to you, exhibit A. This is how my feet look and feel today:


Photo courtesy of Lists O' Plenty

I've heard that this could/would happen and happens to many other women, but I've never quite experienced swelling and soreness like this in my feet. But it doesn't stop there, it goes to your ankles and legs too! I legitimately have cankles. I'm a believer now... One of my BFFs (a human BFF, not wine) told me about this minty foot cream/lotion Target has that helps with swelling and makes your feet feel cool and better. I don't know what it's called but will check back and let you know how it works out. My mani/pedi this weekend can not come soon enough!


Second, I'm beyond exhausted. I've been slowing down more and more over the last few days but after washing, folding and putting away all of my baby's clothes I felt a new level of exhaustion I didn't know existed. I'm now at high risk of literally falling asleep anywhere, anyplace and at anytime. I feel asleep on the couch last night with all of my clothes on still, didn't even put on PJs, wash my face or brush  my teeth yet - I never do that. So needless to say, the time is near.

I really need to pull it together. We have some important people visiting our office tomorrow. The remainder of the week is busy with not just our normal work but also special lunches, dinners and meetings on the calendars with our VIP guests. I have to look and act the part so definitely need to figure out a way to pretend like I'm all good just for the next 3 days, then I can go back to my half-assed approach to waking up and getting ready for work in the mornings.

On another note, Pretty Little Liars is on tonight! I'm definitely going to take a breather from all the work and baby prep to catch up with my fave liars. 






No comments:

Post a Comment