Thursday, January 31, 2013

If Snooki can do it, I can do it. Right?

Who dreams about running? Apparently I do. 

It's crazy the things you miss when you're pregnant. Here's a list of the top things I miss most:

  • Wine... No brainer
  • Margaritas... Another no brainer
  • OK, let's just say alcohol in general
  • Running... And running with my dog. Poor girl is so neglected (NOT, she's still totally spoiled)
  • Mountain hiking
  • Sushi
  • Laying on my belly
  • Soft cheeses
  • Medium steak (I've been really good about ordering it well done)
  • Crab
  • Whitening my freaking teeth! I had no clue this would be an issue...

That's about it. I'm pretty lucky, my whole pregnancy has been super easy. Because of this I think something bad is about to go down during labor, like a crazy emergency C-section, blood transfusion, what have you. It's just been too easy these past 9 months. Something bad is bound to happen (sorry in advance to you ladies out there who have horrific pregnancies, I know this annoys you). I haven't had any morning sickness/nausea at all, haven't had much pains or anything other than a little soreness in the hips, and I haven't craved anything crazy or eaten differently than normal. All I ever do crave is strawberries, grapes, juice, chocolate and cereal. I'm not super hungry or "eating for two," I actually feel less hungry. I think it's because the baby is sitting on or flattening my stomach in some way. I get really full really easily, but believe me before being pregnant I ate like a trucker, so getting full fast/easy is very new to me!

My baby shower is this weekend, it's kind of overwhelming to me. I don't like it when there's a big fuss made over me, but I have amazing friends and an amazing stepmom who are taking care of everything. There will be great food and lots of booze. Several of my friends noted my incapacity at their baby showers so they are getting me back by getting equally hammered at mine. It's only fair. I really was a shit show at most of my friends weddings/baby showers so I totally deserve it. I did get the cutest party favors though (see below) isn't that adorbs? It's a cinnamon bun scented candle inside (don't mind the messy manicure, I'm addressing that tomorrow).


There's some other stuff that goes with it, which my baby daddy helped me pick out. He's so sweet and so involved - it's awesome. He even went to a maternity store last night and helped me find a couple new tops. He found this hot pink shirt that said "Bun in the Oven" on it and absolutely wanted me to get it, then proceeded to make me try it on and take a picture of me. We're a pretty funny couple, I'm excited to embarrass our little boy. We saw this on Buzzfeed yesterday and just died. We're totally going to do this to little Malakai.

Well, this Sunday will be my 9 month mark so D-Day preparation has been kicked into overdrive. It's overwhelming and giving me anxiety but I take little breaks throughout the day to breathe deep and slowly and remind myself that millions of weaker, dumber women have gone through the same thing that I'm about to go through and they (and their kids) are doing just fine. Hey, if Snooki can do it I can do it right?





No comments:

Post a Comment